When it comes to diseases and health conditions, knowledge is power. No doctor can predict if a person will suffer from a particular disease, but knowing the symptoms and getting tests done in time do help in early diagnosis and treatment. With straight stairlifts provider Acorn Stairlifts, we bring you a list of common conditions with symptoms that are worth knowing about.
- Arthritis. Arthritis affects the joints, and there is no cure for it as yet. However, treatments can slow the progression. Patients suffering from the condition often feel tired and fatigued, and there can be stiffness in the body, especially in the morning, which can last for hours. Arthritis also affects a person’s range of motion.
- Diabetes. Diabetes is caused when the pancreas is incapable of making enough of insulin. People with diabetes often have to use the bathroom too often and may feel thirsty more frequently. Cuts and wounds also take long to heal, while the patient may feel more tired and fatigued.
- Dementia. Dementia is often referred to various kinds of brain disorders, which tend to be progressive in nature. Patients typically have to deal with memory loss and confusion initially, which may eventually lead to more complications. The patient may not be able to complete conversations, or often has issues in remembering daily chores.
- Breast cancer. Counted as the common forms of cancer in women, breast cancer can be treated if detected early. The most identifiable symptom is lump in one or both breasts or close to armpits. There can be unexplained changes in breast shape and size, besides discharge from nipples. Please note that not all lumps are cancerous, so check with your doctor.
- Osteoporosis. Osteoporosis causes the bones to weaken over a period of time, and those with low bone density are at a higher risk. People with osteoporosis often tend to have a stooped back because the condition affects the spine. There can be intense unexplained back pain, and the patient might be prone to fractures.
If you have any symptoms related to these diseases, talk to your doctor immediately for help and tests.