Liberate yourself from the frequent need of shaving and waxing unwanted facial and body hair. There are many ways by which one can get rid of the unwanted hair like shaving and waxing. These options don’t give a permanent solution the hair grows back in a matter of a few days. There are certainly long-lasting methods that can help you with permanent removal of hair like electrolysis which is painful and time-consuming. Medical institutions like The Plastic Surgery Center provides such treatment.
Laser hair removal is another method by which one can be free from unwanted hair. Laser hair removal is a procedure that uses a beam of light,i.e.,a laser to remove hair. Under this treatment,physicians use a laser to stop hair follicles from growing new hair.
The treatment procedure for laser hair removal
- The hair that has to be removed will be trimmed before the treatment starts.
- The area will be cleansed,and numbing gel will be applied.
- After applying the gel, it will be left for approx. 30 minutes for the gel to start its effect.
- The dermatologist and the patient must wear protective eye gear.
- The dermatologist may use a cooling agent depending on the type of laser being used to protect your skin.
- When the physician starts the laser, the laser beam passes through the skin to the hair follicles.
- The heat from the laser damages the hair follicles which results in a reduction in the growth of new hair.
- Treatment of small area takes less time compared to a larger area.
Benefits of permanent laser hair removal
- Less time consuming: Laser hair removal treatment takes lesser time to remove unwanted hair. Although the time it takes depends on the area of treatment. Areas like upper lip take less time than the removal of hair from the back.
- The result is long lasting: Other forms of hair removal do not provide a permanent solution,the hair grows back within a few days. Laser hair removal provides a lasting effect.
- Very exact procedure: It targets the follicles of unwanted hair without damaging the skin around the area.